Friday, August 5, 2011

NJ Based Smart Balance Purchases Glutino Food Group


I was intrigued when I first saw this news story begin to pop up, since Smart Balance is my go to butter replacement (for toast) and Earth Balance (same company) is my go to butter replacement when baking. I had never realized that Smart Balance was based in New Jersey. When I looked up their address, I was amazed to find that their corporate head quarters are across the street from where my main support group (The Northern NJ Celiac Disease Support Group Meetup) meets! What a small world.

Glutino Vanilla Creme Dream Cookies, 10.6-Ounce Units (Pack of 6)Before Udi’s, I did used to buy Glutino bread. I have not yet tried their new Genius breads. I do think that Glutino makes the best GF pretzels, I occasionally eat their breakfast bars, and if they are on sale, sometimes I buy their cookies (the lemon flavored wafers are my favorite). Glutino also produces the Gluten Free Pantry line of baking mixes (I used to make their Coffee Cake but I don’t think they produce it anymore).

WARNING: some Glutino products (bagels, frozen meals, etc.) contain dairy. Hopefully, this is something the people who produce dairy-free smart balance spread and dairy-free earth balance can fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but backlink spam will be deleted and reported.