Thursday, October 6, 2011

Restaurant Review: Elevation Burger (Montclair, NJ and Moorestown, NJ)


Eating out is tough to do on a gluten free diet, but eating out quickly is even tougher! One of the best new fast food/quick serve restaurants is Elevation Burger.
Elevation Burger on a Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free Bun
(brought my own) with a side of fries fried in a dedicated fryer

I’ve eaten there a couple of times now and they are very careful. No, they don’t have a gluten free bun for their burgers, but they will wrap them in lettuce or serve without a bun as you want. Their French fries are fried in a dedicated fryer in olive oil. If you’ve never had fries fried in olive oil you are in for a treat! (You'll need to ask about the other items as they don't have an allergen menu online.)

What I especially like (at least at the location in Montclair) was their attention to food allergies/issues. The cashier printed gluten free/dairy free right on my order and receipt. The cook apologized that my food would take a couple minutes extra as he wanted to clean the grill to avoid cross contact with the cheese they used on the cheese burgers! The kitchen is fairly open behind the cash registers so you can even watch them prepare the food.

Now, if they’d just fry a couple of cloves of garlic first to season the olive oil like my grandmother used to do I’d be in heaven.


Other restaurant reviews you may be interested in:

Chipotle Mexican Grill (various locations)

Plum on Park (Montclair, NJ)

qba, a cuban kitchen (Montclair, NJ)

And of course, you should also check out my full List of NJ Restaurants with a Gluten Free Menu and my Nationwide List of Fast Food / Chains with a Gluten Free Menu.

And my list of Gluten Free Fries at Fast Food and other Restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but backlink spam will be deleted and reported.