Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tomato Free / Gluten Free Chicken Cacciatore Recipe (naturally dairy free as well)


I recently put together this TF Chicken Cacciatore recipe and it was such a success I thought I’d share. I used a jar of unmarinated roasted red peppers, but I’m sure you could roast your own if you preferred. I’m just not sure how many you’d need - the 32oz jar gave me 4 cups of puree. I think if I were to roast my own, I might try roasting the onions as well.

Tomato Free Chicken Cacciatore
Ingredients:
1 jar (32 oz) plain roasted red peppers
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

2 tbps olive oil
4 chicken breasts (about 1.5 pounds) cubed
1 large yellow onion chopped
2 large green bell pepper chopped
4 cloves garlic, diced
(1 cup sliced mushrooms, optional)

1/2 cup dry white wine
1 bay leaf

How to prepare:
Add peppers from jar to blender being careful to remove any seeds. Add some of the liquid from the jar as well and puree (remember you can always add more liquid if needed). [Note: add all the seasonings except the bay leaf here to blend them in well.]

Brown chicken in the olive oil and then remove from the pan.


Next, brown the onion, garlic and peppers and when done, remove them from pan as well. [I'm not a big fan of mushrooms so I don't include them. If you'd like to add them, do so here.]

Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Stir in the seasoned red pepper puree.

Return the chicken and vegetables to the pan. Add the bay leaf and cover. [If you didn’t blend in the seasonings at the beginning, add them here.]

Simmer until chicken is tender and cooked through about 30 minutes. [If you choose to use whole chicken pieces (bone-in or boneless) you may need to adjust the cooking time until the chicken is properly cooked through.]

Discard bay leaf and server over hot gf pasta or rice.

Serves 5.

If you try this recipe and have success please let me know by leaving a comment below!



Other recipes you may enjoy:

Gluten Free / Dairy Free Chicken and Rice Recipe (Arroz con Pollo) – if needed you can omit the tomato paste or replace it with a little red pepper paste instead.

Tomato Free Chili Recipe

Click here for more No Tomato Recipes

And click here for more Heartburn/GERD/Acid Reflux Friendly Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but backlink spam will be deleted and reported.