Tuesday, October 4, 2011

RP’s Gluten Free Fresh Pasta: Product Review


A short while ago, I noticed that Whole Foods was carrying a line of Fresh Gluten Free pastas from RP’s.  I didn’t buy them at first (I needed to confirm that glucono-delta-lactone was dairy free – it is).  On a recent return trip I decided to try them out. 

RP's Gluten Free Fresh Spinach Fettuccine prepared with
Artichoke Hearts, Roasted Red Peppers and Black Olives
RP’s makes four types of Fresh GF pasta – Fettuccine, Spinach Fettuccine, Fusilli, and Linguini (although my Whole Foods only has three of them).  I decided I would try the Spinach Fettuccine with black olives, garlic, olive oil and artichoke hearts.

The pasta cooks very quickly, holds up nicely, and has a great texture.  It is definitely has a bit more chew to it than a dried pasta.  The pasta is mostly a mix of brown rice, potato starch and egg.  While I won’t be adopting this brand for day to day pasta usage, it is definitely worth it for a special gluten free occasion or meal.

RP’s website shows that the GF pastas are available at Whole Foods nationwide but I’m sure the selection varies by location.  If you can’t find it locally, you can order it online from the Gluten Free Mall here: RP's Pasta Company Gluten-Free Pasta

If you are missing fresh pasta, then this is the product for you!


Other articles you may be interested in:

Politics, Religions and Which is the Best Gluten Free Pasta

Tomato Free Sauce for Pasta / Spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but backlink spam will be deleted and reported.