Thursday, September 8, 2011

Justin’s Vegan Peanut Butter Cups: Product Review (Gluten Free as well)


I may have missed them on my list of GF/DF Products I'm Still Searching For, I was recently reminded of how much I miss Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.  Reminded that is by seeing Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups at Fairway!  (Warning: while both the Milk and Dark Chocolate Cups are gluten free, but only the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are dairy free/vegan.)
Justin's Vegan Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

I put a pack in my basket and finished my shopping.  While I was excited to try them, I’ve gotten burned too many times by products that were better in theory than in taste/texture.  And, like everything organic / fair trade, they’re a bit pricey.

I tried the first one as soon as I got my bag in the car . . . and immediately headed back into the store for more.  (I figured you’d want a photo of a bit more than the empty wrapper and now that that second cup was exposed, it wasn’t going to survive the drive home!)  (I’m happy to report; neither of the cups pictured at right lasted through the photo shoot!)

The cups are a bit thinner than a Reese’s but the chocolate and peanut butter are both of a higher quality.  All of Justin’s products are certified Gluten Free by the Gluten Free Certification Organization. 

Justin's Vegan Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup

I haven’t tried their nut butters straight, but I did try a sample of their Gluten Free/ Dairy Free Chocolate Hazelnut Butter earlier this summer and it is certainly a fine dairy free / vegan Nutella substitute.

While Fairway, Wegmans, Nature's Pavilion and Whole Foods are all listed as carrying their products, I can’t say for sure that anyone but Fairway has the peanut butter cups.  While Amazon has a page full of Justin’s products, they haven’t yet gotten the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups in stock as of yet.

Other articles you may enjoy:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but backlink spam will be deleted and reported.