Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Restaurant Review: Chick-fil-A (various NJ locations)


If I’m going out after work I really don’t like to stop home first. Once I’m home it’s too tough to overcome the inertia and head out again. Therefore, if I need to stop somewhere for a quick bite, the Chick-fil-A on my way home fills the bill nicely.
Chick-fil-A Chargrilled Chicken with Polynesian Sauce
on Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free Bun

As those who have previously read my article on Gluten Free French Fries already know, Chick-fil-A’s french fries are fried separately from their breaded chicken items in a different frier. (As always, make sure this is the case at your local Chick-fil-A.)

They also offer three grilled chicken items that are gluten free (two salads and one bun-free sandwich)  Oh, and the best part? When you order a grilled chicken sandwich without a bun – they deduct the cost of the bun!

Update 2/6/12:

I had their grilled chicken nuggets on my way home Friday night.  They aren't just on the kids menu, they have  an 8-piece "grown-up" version as well.  The taste was very similar to the chargrilled chicken breast but I suspect you get more chicken with the chargrilled breast.  Even though the kid in me enjoyed dipping the nuggets, I think I'll stick with the chicken breast (smothered in Polynesian sauce of course!)
Chick-fil-A on Urbanspoon



Other quick serve/fast food reviews:

Gluten Free at Chipotle Mexican Grill

Gluten Free at Elevation Burger

Where to get Gluten Free Fries


And be sure to check out my list of Gluten Free Fast Food Restaurants.

3 comments:

  1. Chick-fil-a has now added gf grilled chicken nuggets and gf squeezable fruit pouches to their menu! Press release is here: Chick-fil-A Press Release

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought I'd share that the waffle fries and breakfast hashbrowns, both gluten free, are cooked in a dedicated fryer with canola oil, while the breaded chicken is always cooked in peanut oil, so there is no chance of a mixup with the fryers. And the grilled nuggets make a "normal" kidsmeal possible. with kids, it is a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would still double check if you are sensitive, just to be sure no mistakes were made with the friers that day. Yes, standard procedure is to use different friers but better safe than sorry!

      Delete

Comments are welcomed but backlink spam will be deleted and reported.