Wednesday, May 23, 2012

FAAN Alerts


One of the co-organizers of the Northern NJ Celiac Disease Support Group  introduced me to the allergen alert system run by the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN). I now receive an alert whenever they become aware of a mislabeled or recalled food/pharmaceutical product with regards to the eight major allergens: milk, egg, wheat, soy, fish, shellfish, peanuts, and tree nuts.


The emails are infrequent (which is comforting in a way) and to date haven’t included any product I was even aware of (as the alerts cover the entire country). All the same, I like the idea of knowing that if there is a reported issue with a product I use, I’ll get an email alerting me to it and hopefully saving me hours of pain and suffering.

You can learn more and sign up here: Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN) Alerts by Email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but backlink spam will be deleted and reported.