Monday, May 23, 2011

Stein's Deli No Longer Gluten Free (Montvale, NJ)


I stopped into Stein's Bagels and Gourmet Deli (106 Chestnut Ridge Road, Montvale, NJ 07645) two weeks ago and was surprised to find that they no longer had any gluten free products (neither bread for sandwiches nor anything in the dedicated GF freezer case).  It was lunch time and busy, so I didn't fully question them on it, but I did send them an email on their website later that day.  They never replied.  I think I've given them enough time to reply and today I see that their website is gone as well.

They had previously had a dedicated gluten free sandwich shop on Broadway in Westwood, Livin' Gluten Free, but that closed up about two years ago.  Then Peter Wong's in Montvale closed earlier this year and now Stein's main location isn't serving GF Bread anymore.  Ah, my lunch options are dwindling.  I don't eat out for lunch very often, but when I do luckily both Janice's and the Chik-fil-a in Paramus are close enough from my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but backlink spam will be deleted and reported.