Friday, May 27, 2011

Cheeseburger in Paradise to Offer Gluten Free Hamburger Bun


I just found out today that Cheeseburger in Paradise is going to be offering a gluten free hamburger bun.  A quick email to the company revealed that the buns are also dairy free (but to quote the response "...made in a bakery that has dairy products present."). 

I knew that they had a gluten friendly menu (ordering things without the bun) but never really looked at them closely before.  (I suspect it is my aversion to anywhere with one of my major allergens in the title: Cheesecake Factory, Panera Bread, Macaroni Grill, etc.)  However, in reading their menu and poking around on the internet a bit, I see that they also have a dedicated fryer for their french fries!  They don't really have many dinner options but now that they have a bun, I'll go just for a burger (or even a chicken sandwich).  Their website doesn't list dairy ingredients but it doesn't look too hard to work around that.

Anyhow, here is a link to the press release:  http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20110525006162/en/Gluten-free/gluten-free-bun/burgers

I sent a follow up email to find out exactly when the buns will be available in NJ but haven't heard back yet.  The press release says "late May", but I'd call first to make sure they've got them.  There are three Cheeseburger in Paradises in NJ:

625 South US Highway One
Iselin, NJ 08830
Phone: 732-636-3767

700 Plaza Drive
Secaucus, NJ 07094
Phone: 201-392-0500

344 Route 46 East
Wayne, NJ 07470 (although Google claims this address is in Little Falls, it really is Wayne)
Phone: 973-237-9091

I've got a friend who has been looking for a place that serves both a GF bun and GF fries so I'll be sure to let you know how it was as soon as we try it out!

Updated 7/29/11

I finally got a chance to try these buns and they are amazing!  Read the full review here:  Restaurant Review: Cheeseburger in Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but backlink spam will be deleted and reported.