Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dairy Free Milk Chocolate Bars


As I’ve mentioned before, I’ve been dairy free for over 20 years now. I first started getting sick when I was 17 and slowly cut out different foods as I identified they were an issue. It took me about 4-5 years to go mostly dairy free and the last holdout was Pizza Hut Pizza! (I’d get together with friends on Sunday night and be sick all day on Monday!) For a couple of years after that I could handle cross contamination and minor amounts of dairy in baked goods. Eventually it got so bad that I cut out dairy entirely.

Chocolate Dream Dairy Free 'Milk' Chocolate Bar
I bring this up since milk is a major ingredient in milk chocolate and at least with American manufacturers an ingredient in dark chocolate as well. This made for a fairly chocolate free couple of decades. Whole Foods carries a couple of dairy free dark chocolate bars and even dairy free chocolate chips. But no Milk Chocolate alternatives.

Over the past year I’ve started to see Chocolate Dream dairy free chocolate bars popping up for sale at more and more locations (I first saw them at Nature’s Pavilion on Rt23N). The bars are made by the same company (Taste the Dream) that makes Rice Dream and Soy Dream non-dairy milks. While they make four dark chocolate bars they also make one ‘creamy’ chocolate bar which is a good substitute for milk chocolate!


If you can't find these locally you can order them from Amazon.com online here: Chocolate Dream Dairy Free Chocolate Bars


Other dairy free snack reviews:

Justin’s Dairy Free Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

Kinnikinnick GF/DF Donut Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but backlink spam will be deleted and reported.