Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Restaurant Review: Papa Razzi (Paramus, NJ, Short Hills, NJ and multiple other states)


After a late night of shopping recently I decided to stop off for dinner at Joe’s American Grill / Papa Razzi. Both restaurant chains are owned by the same parent company and at least here in New Jersey are located next door to each other (at the Short Hills Mall and Garden State Plaza). Joe’s wasn’t sure on the existence of dairy in their hamburger buns so I chose Papa Razzi. (Which reminds me, I need to follow up with Joe’s on the ingredients in their hamburger buns!)

Gluten Free Pasta with Chicken and Asparagus
at Papa Razzi in Paramus, NJ
Due to both a dairy and a tomato intolerance I usually have trouble finding something on an Italian gluten free menu. I ended up ordering the Penne con Pollo without the roma tomatoes and without the butter of course. It was quite good.

I was very impressed by the level of allergy awareness of the staff at Papa Razzi. They offer both gluten free pasta and gluten free pizza crusts. I’m not sure on the other ingredients of the pizza crust but I was warned that they add cheese to their pizza sauce (but not their pasta sauce so it was recommended that I ask them to use the pasta sauce if I wanted pizza). They also offered to sauté their potatoes without dairy if I wanted those on my next visit. It is a welcome relief when your server already knows where all of your allergens are hiding out!


It’s always nice to find another option for dining out, especially a mainstream restaurant that one can go to with a group of wheat eating friends.

Papa Razzi on Urbanspoon



Other chains offering gluten free menus:

Eating Gluten Free at Uno Chicago Grill

Eating Gluten Free at Pizza Fusion

Full List of Restaurants in NJ with Gluten Free Menus

Full List of Chain Restaurants with Gluten Free Menus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but backlink spam will be deleted and reported.