Friday, June 10, 2011

Updated NJ Gluten Free Restaurant List (5 new restaurants, 4 new chain/quick serve/fast food restaurants listed)


I have found a large number of additional restaurants to add to my Gluten Free / Dairy Free Restaurant List

Single Location Restaurants:

Carlo's Goumet (326 Rt 9N, Marlboro, NJ 07726) - They post their brands on their GF menu.  They have GF pasta, chicken tenders (Bell & Evans), pizza crust (Still Riding) and a couple of Gluten Friendly entrees (I had grilled chicken marsala over GF pasta when I was there).  For those who aren't dairy free they have Grainless Baker baked goods and Conte's Raviolis.  [Note - they have another location in Manalapan, but it does not have a gluten free menu.]

China Sea of Absecon (662 White Horse Pike, Absecon, NJ 08201) - They have a pretty extensive gluten free chinese menu.  There are no notes on how they make it gluten free (grilled vs. breaded with something else).  I have never been.

Lucky Bone's Backwater Grille (1200 Rt 109, Cape May, NJ 08204) - A good sized gluten free menu including gluten free rolls for their sandwiches.  I'm not sure if they are dairy free or not, I emailed them over a week ago but haven't heard back.  I haven't been here yet.

Plum on Park (14 Park Street, Montclair, NJ 07042) - A small little breakfast and lunch place right off of Bloomfield Ave in Montclair.  Their gluten free bread is also dairy free.  Most sandwiches can be easily made GF/DF.  For those only GF, they have french toast!  Closed Sundays.  I recently ate here and loved it!

Rutherford Pancake House (40 Park Avenue, Rutherford, NJ 07070) - Their gluten free options are right on their regular menu.  They also have quite a few dairy free and even vegan options as well.  They even have Daiya cheese for dairy free Quesadillas and Pizza!  Not open for dinner.  I haven't been but friends rave about it.

Chains:

California Pizza Kitchen (5 NJ locations) - They have a small GF menu (about 1/2 of which is also DF) and recently announced that they will soon be carrying gluten free pizza crusts (no word on DF cheese).  In addition to their GF menu they have a chart of the eight major allergens on their website.  I have never been.

Cheeseburger in Paradise (625 Rt 1S, Iselin, NJ 08830, 700 Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ 07094, and 344 Rt 46E, Wayne, NJ 07470) - a nice sized gluten free menu highlighted by having both GF/DF hamburger buns and french fries fried in a dedicated fryer!  I haven't been yet.

Maggianos (Riverside Square Mall, 390 Hackensack Ave, Hackensack, NJ 07601) - No allergen information on their website (except they do flag items containing nuts).  I have heard from friends that they carry gluten free pasta and are very accommodating.  I have never been.

Quick Serve/Fast Food:

Elevation Burger (367 Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042 and 400 Rt 38, Moorestown, NJ 08057) - They will prepare their burgers in a lettuce wrap instead of a roll and their french fries are fried in a dedicated fryer.  This is my new favorite burger place and I'll be writing a review soon!



It just keeps getting easier and easier to eat out on a gluten free diet!  Don't forget to check out the full listing here: Gluten Free / Dairy Free Restaurant List.  If you think I'm missing a restaurant let me know in the comments below.  But keep in mind, they need to have a GF menu on their website and there need to be options for those of us who need to be dairy free as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but backlink spam will be deleted and reported.