Thursday, June 2, 2011

Udi's Gluten Free Hot Dog Buns are Amazing!


I finally found a store that had Udi's Hot Dog Buns in stock this past weekend: Grassroots Natural Market (20 First Avenue, Denville, NJ 07834).  (They had a couple of more packages if you can't find them elsewhere.)  I've since heard that the Paramus Whole Foods has/had them in stock as well.  It seems like they are quickly becoming easier to find (I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this!).

Of course, now that I had the buns, it turned out I was out of hot dogs!  A quick trip to the supermarket fixed that for me.  I ended up buying Nathan's Bigger-Than-The-Bun Hot Dogs.  They are a little thinner than my past brand but they are marked Gluten Free on the packaging.

Two Hot Dogs on Udi's Gluten Free / Dairy Free Buns
I cooked two of them (mostly so I could get a photo of one with relish and the other with sauerkraut) and was glad I did.  The buns were amazing!  All I did was defrost them.  They come pre-slit and unlike other gluten free rolls/buns the seam between the top and bottom held together beautifully.  They were soft and fluffy and did I mention?  The seam held together!

Last night, I made hot dogs again, this time since the Nathan's were so skinny I put two in the bun.  Loaded with sauerkraut and two hot dogs again the buns held up!  Next, I think I'll try using them as little sub sandwich rolls!

My Whole Foods in West Orange does not have them, but I've heard Paramus does.  I've also seen others online report their local Whole Foods has them.  If you can't find them offline, you can order them from the Gluten Free Mall by clicking here: Udi's Gluten Free Hot Dog Buns

Note: They are Gluten Free and Dairy Free (contain corn, egg).

Other articles you may be interested in reading:

Which Gluten Free Hot Dog Bun Is Best? Udi's vs. Rudi's.

Cheeseburger in Paradise to Offer Gluten Free Hamburger Buns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but backlink spam will be deleted and reported.