Friday, June 3, 2011

Restaurant Review: Uno Chicago Grill (Jersey City, NJ)


Yes, I know, I already reviewed Uno Chicago Grill back in February (Restaurant Review: Uno Chicago Grill (6 locations in NJ)) but last night I ate in the JC location with the Jersey City Gluten-Free Meetup Group.  I'm a big fan of support groups.  Although my friends and family are incredibly supportive of my dietary restrictions it is still great to get together with others who are going through what you are going through yourself.

All seven of us ordered off the gluten free menu (even the two significant others that tagged along!)  The staff was very knowledgeable and accommodating of our group.  The manager stopped by a couple of times and we gained quite an insight into how careful they are. 

I took some photos of the things we had (WARNING: only two of us avoided dairy so most of these are NOT dairy free).
Gluten Free / Dairy Free Cuban Black Bean and Lentil Soup

Gluten Free Sirloin Steak, Steamed Vegetables, Red Bliss Mashed Potatoes (NOT Dairy Free)

Gluten Free Herb Rubbed Chicken and Red Bliss Mashed Potatoes (Mashed Potatoes NOT Dairy Free)

Gluten Free Veggie Pizza (NOT Dairy Free)

Steak Tips, Craisin Brown Rice and Steamed Broccoli prepared Gluten and Dairy Free

Overall, it was a great evening and I'm looking forward to the group's next meeting.

Uno Chicago Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but backlink spam will be deleted and reported.