Monday, June 27, 2011

More Gluten Free French Fries


I’ve been talking quite a bit recently with people looking for places that serve gluten free French fries so I figured I would update my Gluten Free French Fry List. Here are some additional places in New Jersey that serve safe French fries. Keep in mind however, that formulas change and procedures aren’t always followed so make sure you inquire directly with the restaurant to be sure.

Cheeseburger in Paradise (625 Rt 1S, Iselin, NJ 08830, 700 Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ 07094, and 344 Rt 46E, Wayne, NJ 07470) – their GF French fries are fried in a dedicated fryer!  They’re also now carrying GF/DF hamburger buns: Cheeseburger in Paradise to Offer Gluten Free Hamburger Bun

Elevation Burger (367 Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042 and 400 Rt 38, Moorestown, NJ 08057) - Their gluten free French fries are fried in a dedicated fryer (in olive oil!). 

Double S Diner (no website) (154 Rt23S, Sussex, NJ 07461) – I don’t have this one on my Gluten Free Restaurant List as they don’t have a website and while they do have a long list of GF bread products (rolls, buns, bread, pound cake, etc.) the one time I was there they were super busy and I didn’t get a chance to find out what was also DF. They will make steak fries gluten free.

Joe's Crab Shack (Clifton NJ 07013, Lawrenceville NJ 08648, South Plainfield NJ 07080) - I have never been but they list their French fries on their gluten free menu.


I’ve heard rumors of other places handling requests for gluten free fries but without it clearly listed on their website, I’m a little wary.

The original article and list is here: Are French Fries Gluten Free?

Updated 8/21/11

Rutherford Pancake House has gluten free fries as well.  (Restaurant Review: Rutherford Pancake House)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but backlink spam will be deleted and reported.