Friday, June 17, 2011

Udi's Ancient Grains Gluten Free Breads (they're dairy free too!)



Udi's Gluten Free Ancient Grain Breads
(toasted with Smart Blance)
I had seen on Gluten Free Mall that Udi's was coming out with two varieties of Ancient Grain Breads - Millet-Chia and Omega-Salba.  I recently saw them at Fairway in Paramus and picked up a loaf of each to try.  (Ok, and so I could write this product review as well!)

I think the draw of both of these loaves for most people following a gluten free diet will be the high fiber content (6gr per serving for the Millet-Chia and 5gr per serving for the Omega-Salba) but it's the full flavor that will keep me coming back for more! 

Both breads are much more flavorful than either Udi's Whole Grain Bread or White Sandwich Bread.  I prefer the Omega-Salba over the Millet-Chia but both were excellent.  I did find the slices felt a slight bit less durable than the white sandwich bread or whole grain bread, but in addition to the toast in the photo, I've made a sandwich out of each and they've held up just fine.

Both breads are gluten and dairy free but they contain eggs and corn.  The Millet-Chia contains actual millet seeds and the Omega-Salba contains actual flax seeds.

So far I've only seen them at Fairway in Paramus.  If you can't make the trip, and can't find them locally you can also order them from the Gluten Free Mall here: Udi's Gluten-Free Millet-Chia Ancient Grain Bread and here: Udi's Gluten-Free Omega-Salba Ancient Grain Bread

If you missed it, I've also reviewed other Udi's products here:   Udi's Gluten Free Hot Dog Buns are Amazing! and here: Udi's Gluten Free Cinnamon Raison Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but backlink spam will be deleted and reported.